Volunteer Program Associate, Western Region
MedShare engages a thriving volunteer corps of over 20,000 individuals annually in order to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of people and our planet. The Volunteer Program Associate plays a crucial role in conveying the mission of MedShare to the public and ensuring that products are sorted and prepared accurately and effectively. The job includes (but is not limited to) completing orientation and training of volunteers, directing volunteers in product sorting sessions, completing process improvement and administrative tasks within the Volunteer Program department, and collaborating with other Volunteer Program staff & Operations staff in working towards MedShare’s mission.
San Leandro, California
Volunteer Program Manager, Western Region
Full-time, Tuesday – Saturday schedule
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead volunteer groups in sorting medical supplies
- Make volunteers feel welcomed and appreciated
- Explain the mission of MedShare to volunteers and provide specific task instructions
- Direct volunteers and provide assistance during sorting sessions
- Ensure safety of volunteers and quality of output
- Maintain sorting rooms and ensure proper equipment and supplies are available for each session
- Ensure that facilities used by volunteers are safe, clean and orderly
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of volunteer work, making improvements when necessary to help MedShare’s volunteers do high-quality work as efficiently as possible
- Identify and document improvements to standard operating procedures for the volunteer program
- Assist with maintaining data relevant to the Volunteer Program.
- Provide other support as needed to Volunteer Program, including:
- Recruiting strategic groups
- Answering volunteer inquiries and scheduling volunteer groups as needed
- Creating letters for certification of hours for individuals or groups
- Research medical items and share this information with all offices
- Support special events
- Work on special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
- Work with volunteer staff at other offices to ensure consistent sorting across locations
- Two years previous job experience (Associates degree or higher preferred)
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekdays and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English). Must be skilled at speaking to large groups
- Basic knowledge of medical products
- Lifting requirements (maximum amount of weight): 50 lbs.
- Energetic, hard working, and a self-starter
- Previous experience leading volunteer groups
- Strong computer skills, especially in web research and Microsoft Office
MedShare offers a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees. The organization provides ample opportunities to learn about global health issues, medical supply chain management and philanthropic fundraising. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer Program Associate, Western Region” in the subject line.
Must have viable references from prior supervisors. We will check all references! BART friendly location.
Inventory Management Associate, Western Region
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization that sources surplus, essential medical supplies and equipment and directly delivers them, with training, to medical facilities around the world, to help build capacity and improve the quality of life of people, communities and our planet.
MedShare seeks an Inventory Management Associate for the Western Region office (San Leandro, California). The Inventory Management Associate is primarily responsible for entering product into MedShare’s inventory database, physically relocating the product, and researching new product codes. The Inventory Management Associate is also responsible for executing key inventory maintenance activities including, but not limited to; entering donor receipts, product code maintenance, generating reports, and assisting warehouse functions.
Director of Operations, Western Region
San Leandro, California
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately enter product into database, meeting goals for individual, Western region and one MedShare production levels
- Physically relocate product
- Research and recommend appropriate product and donation codes
- Enter product donation receipts into database
- Monitor and answer questions to MedShare’s donation phone line
- Amend, update, and consolidate existing product codes
- Research and update values of medical supplies and non-biomedical equipment based on defined guidelines
- Update product on orders, deleting and replacing boxes as needed
- Create, maintain, and update various reports pertaining to inventory
- Perform physical inventory in the warehouse
- As needed, assist the volunteer department in running volunteer sort sessions
- As needed, assist warehouse personnel with pulling of product for container shipments, and loading and unloading of trucks and containers
- Update product images for recipient to view
- Other duties as required
- Two years of inventory control and data entry experience desired
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- High level of physical fitness. Required to repeatedly lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs
- Experience leading groups of people (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products – especially Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people in an international setting
- Understanding and passion for MedShare’s mission
- Fluency in English (additional fluency in Spanish or French a plus)
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Inventory Management Associate” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering MedShare!