Inventory Management Associate, Western Region
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization that sources surplus, essential medical supplies and equipment and directly delivers them, with training, to medical facilities around the world, to help build capacity and improve the quality of life of people, communities and our planet.
Job Description: MedShare seeks an Inventory Management Associate for the Western Region office (San Leandro, California). The Inventory Management Associate is primarily responsible for entering product into MedShare’s inventory database, physically relocating the product, and researching new product codes. The Inventory Management Associate is also responsible for executing key inventory maintenance activities including, but not limited to; entering donor receipts, product code maintenance, generating reports, and assisting warehouse functions.
Reports To: Director of Operations, Western Region
Location: San Leandro, California
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure product information on packaged supplies, case lot supplies and biomedical equipment is accurately entered into the inventory management system, meeting entry rate goals for individual, Western region and MedShare production levels
- Physically and systematically relocate product within the warehouse and apply product inventory labels.
- Periodically audit label accuracy and product inventory accuracy using inventory sampling and cycle count methodology.
- Research and recommend appropriate product and donation codes
- Enter product donation receipts into inventory management system
- Monitor and answer questions from MedShare’s donation phone line
- Amend, update, and consolidate existing product codes
- Research and update values of medical supplies and non-biomedical equipment based on defined guidelines
- Update product on orders, deleting and replacing boxes as needed
- Create, maintain, and update various reports pertaining to inventory
- Perform regular cycle counting and physical inventory in the warehouse
- As needed, assist the volunteer department in running volunteer sort sessions
- As needed, assist warehouse personnel with pulling product for container shipments and with loading/unloading of trucks and containers
- Maintain current product images within the inventory management system
- Other duties as required
- Two years of inventory control and data entry experience desired
- Current valid certificate of forklift operations
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- High level of physical fitness. Required to repeatedly lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs
- Experience leading groups of people (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products – especially Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with a variety of people in an international setting
- Understanding of and passion for MedShare’s mission
- Fluency in English (additional fluency in Spanish or French a plus)
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Inventory Management Associate, Western Region” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering MedShare!