Infectious Disease Control & Prevention
According to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, infectious diseases are a major challenge for human health and the leading cause of death around the world. As these outbreaks continue to increase in size and numbers of people affected globally, MedShare is prepared to respond when intervention is most needed.
Ready to respond at a moment’s notice
Our Infectious Disease Control & Prevention Program is prepared to respond quickly when intervention is most needed, quickly deploying Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to under-resourced facilities worldwide.Support Our Programs
Responding when and where we’re needed most
In the moments following a disaster, high on the priority list are food, shelter, medical care and clothing. MedShare’s Disaster Relief Program focuses on:
- Communicating directly with our in-country partner hospitals and clinics to determine their needs
- Sourcing immediate needs from our product donor partners
- Coordinating and expediting shipments of critical supplies with our logistics partners
- Provisioning medical mission team volunteers as they travel to the region to provide aid
- Continuing support after the initial response to aid in rebuilding health systems in areas devastated by disaster.
MedShare’s response to global pandemics is swift and efficient in providing life-saving medical supplies and equipment to healthcare workers on the front lines. Having worked closely with hospital and healthcare partners in developing nations to put exactly what they need in their hands, MedShare has been instrumental in helping to bring the world’s most formidable disease outbreaks in recent history under control.
in donated personal protective equipment delivered globally in FY2023
partner organizations in 37 countries received PPE in FY2023
people served through this program in FY2023