Maternal & Child Health
MedShare’s Maternal & Child Health Program seeks to decrease global health disparities as they relate to maternal and child health before, during and after childbirth.
Access to care where it is most needed
MedShare intends to improve the quality of healthcare for mothers and children in the medically-underserved countries we serve to help reduce the number of deaths associated with childbirth.Support Our Programs
Saving the Lives of Mothers & Children
The Maternal & Child Health Program provides many of the necessary medical supplies and equipment required for the early detection and treatment of some of the most preventable medical conditions leading to maternal and child deaths. The intention of this program is to:
- Decrease global health disparities as they relate to maternal and child health.
- Increase healthcare capacity to more effectively treat and care for more mothers and children in vulnerable communities.
- Support midwives (and other rural caregivers) by providing them with the essential medical products for a safe childbirth.
- Provide expectant mothers the medical supplies necessary for birth outside of a healthcare facility.
- Improve overall health outcomes for mothers and children
- Save lives of mothers and children in medically underserved communities.
Despite great progress, too many mothers and children dying — mostly from causes that could have been prevented. MedShare’s Maternal & Child Health program is dedicated to helping reduce the mortality rates for mothers and their babies in medically-underserved communities around the world. And we are driven by the significant impact we have already made alongside our collaborative partners in countries like Nigeria, Nicaragua, Cote d’Ivoire, and in free and safety net clinics in the U.S.
Clean Birthing Kits delivered worldwide to date
deliveries valued at $52.5 million for Coca-Cola Safe Birth Initiative (SBI) to date
at-risk women and children served through this program to date