Last updated: August 4, 2023
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number, email address
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information
- Birthdays, childrens’ names, educational institutions
- Information concerning how you heard about MedShare
- Information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions
- Your contact preferences
MedShare does not sell, trade, rent or share names addresses, telephone numbers, or email addresses of our donors.
Uses of Donor Information
- MedShare uses your information to provide you with better service. Information will be used to complete a gift and communicate in the way and with the frequency the donor desires.
- Credit card numbers are used only for donation processing and are not retained for other purposes. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to complete the donation.
- To establish a relationship and to communicate with donors;
- To understand who our donors are and how we may improve our services to meet theirpreferences and expectations;
- To process a donation, for example, to process a credit card transaction;
- To issue and deliver a donation tax receipt;
- To distribute a designated donation in the manner chosen by the donor;
- To properly recognize contributions;
- To respond to requests for information;
- To meet requirements imposed by law.
- To manage and promote the philanthropic activities of MedShare;
MedShare publicly recognizes and thanks its donors by publishing donor names in our annual report, by giving level, unless the donor has explicitly requested they be “anonymous.”
MedShare will not sell, trade, rent, share or lease personal information to other individuals, vendors or organizations.
Donors and volunteers may request to not receive certain mailings or email communications, including print newsletters, event invitations and electronic communications.
MedShare protects personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held.
Online donation services are provided by an outside vendor. All collected information is encrypted using SSL, an industry standard secure technology. This encryption is designed to prevent theft or interception of information provided.
MedShare contracts with an outside vendor to provide hosting services for our database. The server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security QL injection and Cross Site Scripting attacks.
MedShare limits access to the donor/volunteer database information on a “need-to-know” basis, requires password access to the database and shreds all paper documents with personal information.
MedShare encourages our donors and volunteers to let us know the types of information they want to receive and the frequency with which they receive it. We will follow your requests as it is another way we can provide you with the very best customer service.
Please contact us if you wish to be removed from mailings and/or emails.