Volunteers improve the quality of life of people and our planet by helping to sort, identify, and package critical medical supplies that will be shipped to communities in need around the world.
We invite groups and individuals to volunteer at our Greater Atlanta, San Francisco Bay, and New York City Metropolitan Areas.
In order to protect the safety of our staff and our volunteers, the following precautionary measures will be implemented at all locations.
- Only volunteers who have pre-registered in advance for a session will be allowed to volunteer. We are not accepting any walk-in volunteers who are not pre-registered for the session.
- Volunteer shifts will be limited to a maximum number of people as detailed below.
- Southeast Volunteer Center: 20
- Northeast Volunteer Center: 6
- Western Region Volunteer Center: 13
- Anyone who is not feeling well or who is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, will be asked to leave.
- We may occasionally screen both staff and volunteers with a hand-held thermometer.
- Social distancing, requiring a minimum of 6 feet of separation between people at all times, will be strictly enforced.
- Volunteers will be required to wear masks and gloves, which will be provided upon arrival, at all times during their volunteer shift.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the volunteer areas.
- Floors will be marked with signage to direct traffic patterns, and work stations will be marked to allow for appropriate spacing between volunteers while working.
- Individuals who have been in a hospital or a medical facility recently will be required to wait 14 days from that time before volunteering with us.
All volunteers will be asked to sign this form confirming all 5 statements prior to being allowed to volunteer. If you aren’t able to confirm all 5 of these statements, please reschedule your volunteer activity for a later date.
Please click the buttons below to sign-up to volunteer in your area!
If you are a group of 5 or more, please submit the Group Request Form http://www.medshare.org/volunteer-group
Does your organization want to host a Clean Birthing Kit event supporting moms and newborns around the world? Contact our team at email@example.com
Please note, MedShare is NOT a host site for mandatory community service.