Regional Director, Northeast – HYBRID
MedShare is a 501c (3) humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare is currently seeking a Regional Director for the Northeast Region to join the organization’s senior leadership team at a very exciting time. Founded in 1998, MedShare began as a hospital supply recovery center. Operating out of donated warehouse space in Atlanta, Georgia, our small organization focused on bridging the gap between the large amount of surplus medical supplies generated by U.S. hospital systems and the great need for those same supplies in developing nations.
MedShare has multiple US locations (Atlanta, and the New York metropolitan area) delivering aid to medically underserved communities in over 118 countries. Having donated more than $240 million in supplies, equipment, and training, MedShare has served over 25 million patients and equipped 875,000 healthcare professionals with the necessary tools needed to save lives. In addition, MedShare collects, on average, 2 million pounds of donated items that might otherwise be destined for local landfills. MedShare has refined its logic model to focus strategically on programs and projects that will have the greatest impact on strengthening health systems in the developing world. Our work is aligned with the World Health Organization’s Millennium Development and UN Sustainable Development Goals and further defined by our four distinct programs and one service: Maternal and Child Health Program, Primary Care Program, Disaster Relief Program, Infectious Disease Control and Prevention Program, and Biomedical Equipment Training and Repair Service.
The Regional Director, Northeast Region is the senior leader responsible for fundraising and leadership of MedShare’s Northeast Region, serving as a member of the senior leadership team with the following key leadership responsibilities:
- Develop and achieve regional fundraising goals working with the Northeast Regional Council
- Help establish organizational strategic direction and priorities
- Directly lead and manage all external relations and strategic partnership activity for the Region
- Build and maintain strong relationships with financial, hospitals, and other GIK donors
- Establish and strengthen relationships with community partners across the region with a primary focus on New York and New Jersey
- Work in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to indirectly manage regional warehouse, volunteer, and supply recovery operations
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer & President (located in Atlanta, GA)
Location: Secaucus, New Jersey
Duties & Responsibilities
Development / Fundraising
- Develop, manage, and implement the fundraising strategies of the Northeast Region in collaboration with the CEO and Development Team.
- Achieve Northeast Region fundraising goals, with support from National development team.
- Initiate, manage and coordinate fundraising activities, including solicitation of individuals, corporations, foundations, government, and international funding prospects.
- Conduct fundraising for unrestricted, restricted, project sponsorships, and hospital surplus recovery program.
- Nurture existing and develop new relationships with both regional hospitals and corporate product donors.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement an effective marketing and outreach plan for the region that is also integrated with overall organizational goals.
- Serve as senior spokesperson for MedShare in the Northeast Region.
- Actively pursue opportunities to share the MedShare story throughout the Northeast Region.
- Encourage, organize, and receive visits and tours of MedShare’s facility to promote key partnerships.
- Ensure social media is integrated into the regional communication plan and updated regularly in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Support implementation of MedShare’s strategic plan and actively model a “One MedShare” behavior.
- Inspire and lead the Northeast Region staff in collaboration with the COO.
- Assist COO with recruiting, training, and retaining operations staff that, as a team, will execute the strategic and annual plan for the region.
- As part of the leadership team, develop and manage the financial strategies of the organization.
- Participate in and contribute to Board and Board Committee meetings as needed.
- Promote and cultivate the values of MedShare across the organization.
Northeast Regional Council
- Support Council leadership in planning meetings and recruiting new Council members.
- Effectively partner with Regional Council to achieve established fundraising goals
- Assist Council in identifying networking opportunities and raising funds.
- Oversee annual gala event, act as primary liaison to Committee and Staff appropriate to the established goal.
- Help develop Council Members as advocates for MedShare in the community.
- 8 years + of progressive, relevant, professional, and proven fundraising and major gift experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred but not required
- Deep understanding and passion for MedShare’s mission, global health and/or humanitarian aid
- Proven track record in fundraising from diverse sources (corporate, foundations, individuals & organizations)
- Superior communication skills, confidence, strategic thinking abilities, ability to work hard and be dedicated to the organization’s success
- Ability to positively motivate and develop staff and volunteers
- Understanding of current global health and environmental issues
- Experience and/or demonstrated capability working in a matrix-based organizational structure
- Excellent people skills with the ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of MedShare
- Fluency in English required, ability to communicate in a second language is desirable
- Experience living/working internationally is highly desirable
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as needed, cultivating and engaging major gift donors and prospects
- Demonstrated experience using Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge or other donor management system
MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave.
MedShare has retained PNP Staffing Group to lead this search. Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Wade Savitt, Executive Recruiter, at email@example.com.
MedShare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering us!