Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications manager will grow the value of MedShare’s brand among all constituencies in the three markets (Atlanta, San Francisco, New York metropolitan area) where MedShare has a physical presence. The manager will prepare all marketing collateral for programs in the three markets. In addition, the manager will prepare press releases, produce videos and maintain the MedShare website and social media presence. The Marketing and Communications manager will work closely with internal stakeholders on fundraising materials. MedShare seeks a generalist for this position with demonstrated skills in multiple areas, including writing acumen for press releases, newsletters, appeals, and marketing materials; digital media, PR, marketing, graphic design, and social media. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to juggle numerous priorities.
Reports To: Director of Development
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow a successful communications program through press releases, website updates, video and social media
- Build strong relationships with relevant media contacts, pitching timely and tailored MedShare stories
- Develop an annual marketing calendar to implement leadership priorities
- Respond in a timely manner to requests by MedShare volunteer partners for their internal and external communication needs
- Design, write and print MedShare marketing materials
- Update website regularly using new, impactful content
Written Communications & Print Material Collateral:
- Write all text for print material, including annual report, newsletters, appeals, press releases and other program-related written communications
- Work with vendors to ensure a continuous supply of collateral materials, including the annual report, program collateral, organizational and fundraising brochures and flyers, stationery and business cards
- Implement social media strategy and manage social media dashboards
- Develop creative graphic designs that result in compelling messages
- Design within the brand framework while still defining distinctive programs, events, and messages
- Provide photography and videography/video editing
- Draft and execute an annual multi-platform marketing and communications plan to introduce MedShare to a wider audience
- Assist the CEO and Development officers to ensure consistent use of the MedShare brand
- Communicate and monitor organization-wide adherence to policies and procedures that affect the brand
- Passion for MedShare’s mission, a global interest and sensitivity to other cultures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or comparable experience
- 5-6 years relevant experience that aligns with the essential duties of the position
- Graphic design experience, strong design software skills, especially InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with web content management, specifically WordPress; knowledge of HTML highly desirable
- Ability to work with diverse internal constituencies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities set by organization
- Experience working with designers, printers, and other vendors and willingness to negotiate pro bono services to supplement existing resources
- Established base of media contacts a plus
- Project management experience
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of Spanish and/or French is desired
- Experience living / working internationally is highly desirable
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including full healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave. The position is located in Atlanta.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Thank you for considering us! We regret that we are only able to respond to final candidates.
Development Database Associate (Full-Time)
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world
MedShare has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Database Associate to support a growing national development team. The Development Database Associate will have the opportunity to manage an effective infrastructure supporting fundraising efforts across all regions. This position is responsible for all database management (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge), development reporting, gift processing and acknowledgements, record management, maintaining data integrity and data security. In addition, the Development Database Associate will assist with ongoing development and implementation of procedures associated with the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to include gift-entry, mailing lists for departmental and organization-wide use, and provide database (Raiser’s Edge) training.
Reports to: National Development Manager
Data Information Management. Oversees data management, striving for accuracy and consistency in the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge constituent database as well as developing systems and procedures for extracting and interpreting data.
Gift Management. Manages the area of gift processing to include gift policies, gift and pledge agreements, pledge reminders; gift accounting, gift acknowledgment; donor relations and stewardship; data management and analysis.
Reporting: Leads the creation of a variety of reports and lists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT, Luminate Online, and other donor systems.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
- Provide regular cash raised reports.
- Pull targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc.
- Process gifts and send acknowledgement letters within 48 hours of receipt.
- Continuously improve the quality of donor and volunteer data.
- Provide data analysis for fundraising and strategic planning.
- Respond to donor requests for documentation, including tax letters, matching gift programs, etc.
- Provide back-up support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in development services functions.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, and Excel.
- Passion for international development and MedShare’s mission.
- Advanced computer skills using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practice.
- Proficiency in communicating effectively, including strong writing ability.
- Highly organized, self-starter with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and conscientious ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of Spanish and/or French is desired.
- Experience living or working with diverse groups, international experience is strongly preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including full healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Development Database Associate” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering us!