Gifts-In-Kind Program Manager
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities, and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare seeks a Gifts-In-Kind (GIK) Program Manager. The GIK Program Manager plays a crucial role in supporting hospital outreach and key product donors nationally. The GIK Program Manager develops and maintains working relationships with in-kind product donors and complementary non-profit organizations. The GIK Program Manager also procures in-kind product donations (medical supplies and biomedical equipment).
Southeast Regional Director
Type of Position:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and steward all aspects of the GIK portfolio, including but not limited to providing necessary donor reports and updates; developing growth plans for each company or organization; addressing and supporting any communications (internal and external) needs associated with cultivation, stewardship and donations; meeting regularly with donor companies; ensuring donor satisfaction; providing field logistics as an extension of customer service when vital.
- Work with Development team to establish and meet annual GIK revenue goals
- Work with the Development team to leverage relationships with existing partners, to enhance all avenues of support (GIK, cash, volunteer, etc.)
- Work with the Development team to raise loosely restricted cash (and offsetting in-kind logistical support) to underwrite shipment GIK
- Provide analyses of new potential donors and markets to support MedShare programmatic activities
- Work with the Programs team to learn and support the goals of MedShare’s programs and humanitarian campaigns
- Support members of the Operations team across all MedShare locations to ensure a fluid process for receiving and recognizing GIK donations
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gifts-in-kind via acknowledgement letters, phone calls, gift policies, adherence to donor bill of rights, and sharing accurate information of how gifts are being used to benefit families and the community as a whole
- Provide stewardship reporting data quarterly, semi-annually, and annually GIK partners, depending on partner requirements
- Further implement and maintain a comprehensive recognition program specific to participating hospital suppliers and corporate partners
- Share information with the Development and Communications team that can be included in affiliate communication tools (newsletter, eNews, annual report, direct mail, and acknowledgement letters) to effectively inform donors of the need for and impact of their donations – Impact Reports
Prospect Development and Solicitation
- Develop and implement targeted strategies for both new and existing GIK donors
- Support Development and Programs teams in developing program appeals and proposals to connect GIK partners directly to programs
- Conduct research to determine best prospects with closest links, aligned interests, and greatest ability
- Research listings of manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers of product and equipment for potential donations
- Attend networking events, trade shows, and industry conferences to learn more about companies, individuals, and organizations in our locations and provide information about the impact of MedShare partnership opportunities
- Make public presentations to constituents and groups of all types and sizes.
- Work on special projects and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business administration, engineering and supply chain management or related field).
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of enterprise level experience in strategic sourcing, GIK or procurement in organization of similar size to MedShare.
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated performance in using data analysis software and computer programs that will assist in analyzing data and trends.
- Experience in procurement processes (or related) and sourcing in-kind supplies for a nonprofit organization (preferred).
- Experience with procurement conceptualization and data analysis (preferred).
- Excellent written communications skills, negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare, medical supplies and/or biomedical equipment preferred.
- High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork.
- Passionate about improving healthcare and supporting the environment.
- Demonstrated high level proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), excellent problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience living or working with diverse groups, international experience, or fluency in a second language a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Gifts-In-Kind Program Manager” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering MedShare!