Marketing and Communications Director
MedShare has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing and Communications director to grow the value of MedShare’s brand among all constituencies in the three markets (Atlanta, San Francisco, New York metropolitan area) where MedShare has a physical presence. The director will lead marketing and communications efforts, including PR, social media, website, and brand building initiatives. Additionally, the director will manage the development of all marketing collateral. The Marketing and Communications director will work closely with internal stakeholders on fundraising materials. MedShare seeks a generalist for this position with demonstrated skills in multiple areas, including writing acumen for press releases, newsletters, appeals, and marketing materials; PR, marketing, and social media. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to juggle numerous priorities.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute annual marketing plan to drive brand awareness and support overall organizational goals
- Grow a successful communications program through press releases, blog posts, newsletter, website, and social media
- Build strong relationships with relevant media contacts, pitching timely and tailored MedShare stories
- Collaborate with partners on internal and external communication
- Manage design and development of MedShare marketing materials
- Implement social media strategy that grows followers and engagement
- Keep website relevant and up to date
Written Communications & Print Material Collateral:
- Write all copy for print material, including annual report, newsletters, appeals, press releases and other program-related written communications
- Work with vendors to ensure a continuous supply of collateral materials, including the annual report, program collateral, organizational and fundraising brochures and flyers, stationery and business cards
- Assist the CEO and Development officers to ensure consistent use of the MedShare brand
- Communicate and monitor organization-wide adherence to brand standards as well as policies and procedures that affect the brand
- Passion for MedShare’s mission, a global interest and sensitivity to other cultures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or comparable experience
- 5-6 years relevant experience that aligns with the essential duties of the position
- Experience with web content management, specifically WordPress
- Ability to work with diverse internal constituencies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities set by organization
- Experience working with designers, printers, and other vendors and willingness to negotiate pro bono services to supplement existing resources
- Established base of media contacts a plus
- Project management experience
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of Spanish and/or French is a plus
- Experience living / working internationally is highly desirable
Salary is commensurate with experience. MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Director” in the subject line.
MedShare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
National Development (Fundraising) Manager
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare’s National Development Manager works strategically to cultivate the culture of philanthropy within MedShare. The Development Manager engages in the day to day execution of MedShare’s comprehensive development strategy by managing the Annual Fund and providing centralized, strategic support to achieve development objectives. Through collaboration with members of the development team, ensures that the organizations’ donor relationships are cultivated and stewarded. This includes oversight of all development related technology, including the prospect and donor management database and other donation related software. The Development Manager will provide research and prospecting information to relationship managers; write project, grant and sponsorship proposals as assigned; coordinate mailings, appeals and stewardship activity.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to take a large donor-base to the next level, to grow the existing donor-base and to increase annual fundraising through prospect management, donor cultivation and stewardship. This position leads MedShare’s annual giving and supports global fundraising and events across three regions, Atlanta, New York, and San Francisco. She/he manages mid-level donor relationships and supports team with fundraising efforts. This role requires a resourceful individual who is adept at strategic engagement with prospective donors and champions.
Reports to: Director of Development
Supervises: Development Associates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Annual Fund campaign
- Strengthen and renew relationships with a portfolio of donors with giving potential of up to $5,000
- Develop comprehensive reports to demonstrate Development team’s success to all stakeholders.
- Manage and support all fundraising initiatives and events.
- Assures appropriate and timely donor recognition and stewardship for all donors.
- Conduct research to prepare key staff members for meetings, tours, conferences, and other presentations.
- Assist with general correspondence, proposal writing, solicitations, reporting, and stewardship,
- Provide assistance tracking development efforts and deadlines using the donor database.
- Provide back-up support in donor database and its functions.
- Continuously assist with improvements of the quality of donor and volunteer data.
- Support Marketing and Communications Manager by collecting stories and increasing brand awareness.
- Respond to special donor requests.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising policies, goals and procedures.
- Produce prospect research profiles for regional directors and for pre-event analysis.
- Produce appropriate stewardship pieces and identify new ways to steward donors.
- Provide data analysis for fundraising and strategic planning.
- Provide event coordination, assistance, and support across all regions. This may require occasional travel to New York and San Francisco.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ fundraising experience with knowledge of fundraising principles and practice.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and marketing acumen.
- Excellent attention to detail and conscientious ability to meet deadlines.
- Passion for community service, international development, and MedShare’s mission.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and/or projects simultaneously while addressing the needs of the office.
- Highly organized, self-starter with good interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs, see opportunities and use good judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience living or working with diverse groups, international experience, or fluency in a second language strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform multiple detail-oriented tasks effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge donor database with ability to segment groups.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills.
- Omatic software experience is a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “National Development Manager” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering us!