2. Secure the necessary funding for your shipment — $25,000 USD for a forty-foot container.
3. Secure shipping documentation and provide proof of Duty Free Clearance (typically given by the Ministry of Finance).
4. After the application is reviewed, you will be contacted by a member of MedShare’s staff to be approved as a recipient.
5. You will be assigned a login and password from MedShare. Use that information to access our Online Inventory and select your supplies to fill the container. (On average, around 800 boxes of consumable supplies and fully functional biomedical equipment fill one 40 foot container. Equipment is not available online but will be assigned by MedShare’s Biomedical Department based on your wish-list.)
6. MedShare will ship your container to the designated ocean port. Customs clearance and onward transportation from the port to the final place of delivery will be your responsibility.
7. After you have received your shipment, the recipient will complete a feedback survey and send photos of donated products and other items that illustrate the shipment’s impact.