Click here for live, official updates on Puerto Rico’s recovery from the Puerto Rican government.
Hospitals are still without power and surgeries are being performed by flashlight in many cases.
See visual updates on power outages and conditions in Puerto Rico.
This is what MedShare is doing to help those impacted by Hurricane Maria:
- On October 19th, MedShare delivered $10,000 worth of emergency supplies to Food for the Poor in Puerto Rico. These supplies will impact people in 52 parishes across the island.
- On October 7th, MedShare delivered 100 generators to the North American Jewish Federation in Puerto Rico to assist in returning power to communities devastated by the hurricane.
On October 7th, MedShare sent $43,000 worth of medical supplies and biomedical equipment to Centro Medico in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The donation included essential equipment including a defibrillator and sterilizer needed by the hospital’s emergency and surgical teams working overtime in the wake of the hurricane.
On October 4th we received a donation of more than 840 pounds of essential care supplies from Crosslink Orthopedics!
- We’re on SELF Magazine’s list of best ways to help after Hurricane Maria
- Atlanta Falcon Dontari Poe is supporting MedShare’s Disaster Relief efforts!
- On September 30th, in partnership with Patient Airlift Services, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne Airport, and JetAVIVA, MedShare sent an air shipment of supplies to Puerto Rico thanks to Tyler Perry and his donated plane.
In partnership with Jackson Healthcare, we sent $1500 worth of essential care supplies to Puerto Rico on September 27th via their corporate jet.
- We have equipped Medical Mission Teams headed to Dominica, Puerto Rico, Haiti, and St. Thomas supporting patients and communities impacted by disasters.
The Movement Foundation is partnering with MedShare to provide medical relief to Puerto Rico and Caribbean communities impacted by Hurricane Maria. They will match any gift donated by Movement Mortgage employees to MedShare’s Disaster Relief Fund.
MedShare is collecting medical supplies and basic care items at our locations in Atlanta, San Francisco, and New York to deliver to those impacted by Hurricane Maria.
Our partners at Northwell Health in New York healthcare system have begun a supply drive to collect essential care items to be delivered to Puerto Rico.
We have provisioned DeltaCares with $1500 worth of medical supplies as they travel to Puerto Rico to provide immediate care.
We are organizing with International Medical Relief Corps, who has a team on the ground, to collaborate on providing medical support.
We are coordinating with the PAHO Foundation and other global health partners who have indicated that they would like to support our long-term rebuilding and recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
Our corporate and faith-based partners across the country have begun more than 40 individual supply drives to be donated to MedShare’s Disaster Relief efforts.
- MedShare partnered with Angel Flight Soars to provide support to the staff at the Roy Schneider Medical Center. This is one of the only hospitals on the island and it was destroyed, leaving patients vulnerable and medical staff without supplies.
- Many of our corporate partners have begun their own office supply drives! If you’d like to start a supply drive for MedShare at your organization, contact email@example.com.
- We’ve received vital supply donations from many organizations including Tronex, VWR Medical, The San Francisco SanBao Buddhist Temple Young Adult Division and the Sunday Buddhism Class, CBC National Bank, and Georgia Tech!
- Our Medical Mission Team Store is fully stocked and ready to equip healthcare professionals on their way to impacted areas.
- We are waiving our donation request for teams taking up to 100 pounds of supplies.
- To pick up supplies, please fill out an application or
- We are organizing with our NGO partners to determine the most efficient and impactful long term response using all of our resources. Visit PQMD.org for more information about quality medical donations during disaster relief efforts.
Donate to our Supply Drive:
Below is a list of needed items that can be brought to the MedShare warehouse in Decatur, Georgia, San Leandro, California, and Secaucus, New Jersey:
- Adult diapers for senior citizens
- Baby wipes
- Sanitary pads
- Hand Sanitizer
- Infant Formula (Powdered only)
- Water (cases only, no individual bottles)
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept food, clothing, or toys.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate the drop-off of large donations.
Items can be delivered to
MEDSHARE’S ATLANTA VOLUNTEER CENTER
3240 Clifton Springs Road, Decatur, GA 30034
Monday – Saturday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
MEDSHARE’S WESTERN REGION
2937 Alvarado Street, San Leandro, CA 94577
Monday – Saturday, 8:30am – 4:00pm
MEDSHARE’S NORTHEAST REGION
701 Penhorn Avenue, Unit #3 Secaucus, NJ 07094
Monday – Saturday from 8:30am – 4:30pm
Here’s what you can do:
- Volunteer to sort and box supplies to be sent to impacted areas.
- Donate to MedShare’s Disaster Relief Fund as we support people impacted by natural disasters around the world.
- Start your own supply drive and collect the supplies requested above.
- Help us spread the word that aid workers can collect medical supplies from our Medical Mission Team Store.
- Talk to your friends and family about getting involved and share our posts on social media. We want everyone to know that MedShare is here to help!